#121 Belisarivs

Belisarivs

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

I know about it.

It was I, who found out how to make Hussite War Waggons be able to form defensive square formation. :)
Vit Pelcak [aka Belisarivs]

Wildfire Games Community Member
Email: v dot pelcak at gmail dot com
Jabber JID: belisarivs@njs.netlab.cz

Internet Explorer. A number one browser for downloading a better browser
Posted Image

#122 Brightgalrs

Brightgalrs

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:27 AM

Hey, I would like to apply for a job as a planner.
I own a copy of Medieval 2: Total War. :) And besides that can contribute knowledge of more Eastern factions, if your planning any. (y)
Robert Schultz [ aka Brightgalrs ]
Contact me: RobertSchultz@gmail.com
MSN Account: ChaosRobie@yahoo.com

#123 Belisarivs

Belisarivs

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

Have a look at our subsection.

There is enough info provided about units composition as well as many factions to help you as samples. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in FAQ.

MTW2 won't help much. I consider this game quite inaccurate. Try Chivalry Total War for RTW. That is quite something.

Or perhaps some other mods or mods for MTW2 can provide interesting informations. But don't rely on Vanilla MTW2 much.

Feel free to do anything you wish. Not too much work was done, so collisions are unlikely.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Image

#124 saxguy

saxguy

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

maybe i can help, i know quite a bit about history, mainly (in midieval) about the mongols, the italian states and the spaniards, but mostly im a modder, not a super modder but a pretty good one :). just let mi know how and all and i would be glad to join the team
The brighter the light, the darker the shadow......

#125 Belisarivs

Belisarivs

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Hi.

Feel free to contribute in any way.

I was planning to make For Honour and Glory to be modbase for additionall extensins.

Simply, GUI interface and 2 civilistions would be made and if anyone missed some nation, he could use what was already done and add another nation.

Therefore no there are no tasks assigned to people, but rather freelance nature is applied.

Abadu wanted to do research and he did a great one. So the same to you. Do you want to contribute? No problem. Find task you are best in and do whatever you wish.

We rely more on common sense and expect none will make Elven faction with rocket launchers ...

What is your speciality? 3D modelling? Texturing? Which tools do you use?

Check formus or some FAQ (not that one relatind to our mod) to see which is the output format.

I think Collada for meshes and dds for textures. But I'm not sure.

Simply, do whatever you wish and way you wish, but make sude it can be used in 0AD mod.

These are only restrictions in programs you can use.

Posted Image

#126 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

Collada for models and dds for textures is correct. Some knowledge of Javascript and XML will be useful when doing the actual modding so if you've got some spare time now that's an area I can recommend looking a bit into. (Though for basic modding it will not be required that you know Javascript/XML as there are GUIs for editing most things, but it won't hurt to have that knowledge if you plan to do more than simple units etc.)

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#127 Hospitaller

Hospitaller

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

what about this project ? im following the progress of the main 0 AD project carried on by devs but i registered in the forums to be able to talk with you guys who have the great idea of modding the game into different periods.

I would really love to see 0 AD modded into colonial age but i would like it also in the medivial ages.
I posted here to make u know there are people out there who like your ideas but not always can register or care to make their toughts known.
" The descrption of the Punic Wars by Strabo is full of references to the eximious Lusitanian riders who could easily climb escarpments where no other mounted armies would dare to try. "

#128 Veridagorin

Veridagorin

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Why not have the Bohemians have a technology that allows Hussite units like the war wagon Basically a moving wall that garrisons Infantry (would be armed with spears or flails) Crossbowmen and Handgunners and some had tarasnice (anti infantry/cavalry Cannon)

KKiVRoD.png?1

Check out my Fantasy Mod here http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=18492

post-15819-0-63727000-1394896676.png