• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tardis925

tardis925

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone one know about what has happened to the showcase feature? 7/12 - FA Noldor
7/19 - FA Edain
7/26 - FA Sindar
8/2 - FA Dwarves (There is no showcase yet)
8/9 - FA Forces of Morgoth (This is before the dwarves, and there is no more after)
8/16 - SA Noldor
8/23 - SA Númenóreans
8/30 - SA Nandor
9/6 - SA Dwarves
9/13 - SA Forces of Sauron
9/20 - TA Noldor
9/27 - TA Dúnedain
10/4 - TA Galadhrim
10/11 - TA Dwarves
10/18 - TA Rohirrim
10/25 - TA Forces of Sauron (Any help or info would be great as I have only just found out about it recently, and would appreciate anything like information or how long the project will take or an estimate of when it will be finished). Thanks in advance, I'm behind you all the way and I can't wait.

#2 Beren IV

Beren IV

Duplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:23 AM

No, I do not know where it has gone. In fact, I hadn't noticed it disappearing...

#3 tardis925

tardis925

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

No, I mean There hasnt been any updates since The Forces Of Morgoth on the 9th of August 2004.

#4 Beren IV

Beren IV

Duplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:43 AM

Well, last I head anything at all, which was several months ago, all of the information on that is out of date and subject to change, anyway. They were planning on making an initial release of individual missions, however, focused mainly on military units, before adding any of the economic parts of civilization building in a later release.

As I said, that was months ago now. I would be starting to wonder if the development team has abandoned the project. I note that 0 A. D. is still having monthly updates and showcases, which implies that the entire development team isn't completely out of business, and I know that the TLA team was waiting for the 0 A. D. engine to be completed to move forward with their own project. Still, it's discouraging, and a bit worrying, that I have heard absolute silence for months...

#5 NaurwenT

NaurwenT

Digresser Extraordinaire

• WFG Retired
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

Some TLA members are taking time off but some others are still working on the project.
The fact that we are a very small team and we are having problems hiring new members doesn't really help to speed things up.
Hopefully there will be an update in a few days time.

TLA Linguistic & Art Departments

#6 BolideLich

BolideLich

Duplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:42 AM

Well, i'm supposed to be doing concept art apparently, but I haven't heard from bernd in months. Is there anyone else I can contact on this? I would love to resume work as soon as possible.

Rowan Grimes [aka BoliDeLich]

Back and better than ever.

#7 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

Well, not sure who's in charge of that, but Bernd has stepped down a bit, and NaurwenT is now the most active of the leading people in TLA, so I'd guess asking her would be a good start :)

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#8 NaurwenT

NaurwenT

Digresser Extraordinaire

• WFG Retired
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Feneur, I am the current Project-Lead (and the person to get in touch with) until Bernd comes back :)

Bolidelich, please drop me a line and we'll talk about the concepts for Tirion you sent us.

TLA Linguistic & Art Departments