• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amish13

amish13

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

okay i'm new to the forums and if the answer to this question is here i'm too lazy to search for it, but how will dwarven buildings be built?
about the concept art, i think (with all due respect to the artist) that the buildings don't look very magnificent or beautiful as dwarves are know to build, they look very Gothic, not that the sketch is bad

#2 Beren IV

Beren IV

Duplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Good question - I'm not sure it's been thought about that much.

The trouble with Dwarven buildings is that they are, for the most part, carven out of existing rock rather than built upon the ground. As a consequence, if we are given an overhead view of a landscape, then all we will see is the entrances to the Dwarves' mines and dwellings - not very satisfactory. On the other hand, if they really can tunnel through mountains, then we might be able to see the insides of the buildings. The trouble is one of scale - a Hobbit hole, which is similar in concept, would be barely visible on a map side-by-side with a magnificent Dwarven mansion. Will the graphics depict individual buildings, intending them to be representative of entire cities, or will we try to draw the entire city? I doubt that this decision has been finally made yet.