• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeru

Jeru

Factotum

• Web Development Team
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

As you know, 0 A.D. has been a collaborative effort, and all the code, art and sound has been offered by volunteers from all over the world. In the spirit of open-source development, we at Wildfire Games would like to ask our fans' help in the marketing and PR of the game, by kindly providing us clips of your in-game video recordings.

We would like to create a stock of in-game video clips, because over time, we plan to create:
  • Videos that document the development as new releases come out, perhaps explaining how certain parts of the game mechanics work (definitely short-term goal).
  • an ad targeted to OS developers to join the project (short-term goal).

And as longer-term goals:
  • An introductory cinematic for 0 A.D.,
  • A general promotional trailer about the basic features of the game.

For that purpose, we have the following guidelines set in place to keep this process organized:
  • Please provide these recordings as links to downloadable or streaming video files, along with a description, in this thread: Post Your Uploaded Videos Here.
  • Please take all gameplay videos from the player's regular POV. No extreme close-ups, please.
  • We will gladly provide credit to those people whose videos we end up using in our marketing effort. Just let us know who to credit.
  • The better the video quality, the more likely we are to use it!

We are especially looking for the following types of videos:
  • 0 A.D. gameplay: Both the economic side (gathering resources, building up a city) and the military side (from skirmishes to large battles).
  • 0 A.D. scenery: A variety of biomes, including each one's characteristic fauna. Special attention to fancy water reflections. Also, some shots of city-scapes featuring the best-looking building sets.
  • Videos showcasing the development process of 0 A.D.: The Atlas map editor, editing actors, entities and XML files, and the 0 A.D. codebase within the development environments you use. Wireframes of 0 A.D. models, demonstrations of the animation process. In-game visualizations, such as the pathfinding overlay.
  • 0 A.D. is cross-platform: Shots of 0 A.D. being launched from Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

Thanks in advance!

Edit (May 9, 2011): Streaming videos, such as on YouTube, are fine. Thanks!

Aviv Sharon [ aka Jeru ]

Wildfire Games 0 A.D. PR & Social Media Contributor
Contact me:
E-mail & Google Talk: aviv dot sharon at gmail dot com
MSN: lc_jerusalem at hotmail dot com
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn

#2 SMST

SMST

Triplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Do you accept videos with ugly Fraps watermark? That would be all I could do in that area.^^

Posted Image
Platon - it's like Communism without the noble goal.

#3 Jeru

Jeru

Factotum

• Web Development Team
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

No watermarks, please. :)

Aviv Sharon [ aka Jeru ]

Wildfire Games 0 A.D. PR & Social Media Contributor
Contact me:
E-mail & Google Talk: aviv dot sharon at gmail dot com
MSN: lc_jerusalem at hotmail dot com
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn

#4 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,986 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Aviv, I think you had a link to a list somewhere with tools for indie game developers to promote their game or something, I believe it had some free (in both meanings of that word) alternatives to Fraps etc. It could be a good idea if you posted that link in this thread. Or, why don't I, should be quick, ah, here it is: Tutorial: Recording and Editing Game Trailers or, taking a look at that page, here's the actual list: http://www.pixelpros...ameplay-videos/

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#5 Pureon

Pureon

Primus Pilus

• 0 A.D. Art Team
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

I can recommend CamStudio which is the first screenrecorder on that list and free/opensource. Fraps is also very good but it's a bit of money.

Pureon
0 A.D. Part time Designer / Texturer / 3D Artist
Contact email:
pureon{@}wildfiregames.com

#6 privateer

privateer

Sesquiplicarius

• WFG Retired
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

FRAPS is like $37 U.S. bucks but you get lifetime updates.

I am a registered user of FRAPS.
B)
St. Michael, the Archangel - as Prince of the Seraphim. St. Michael is the patron of paratroopers.