ActorEditor runtime linking problem in linux

howlingflute

I encountered a problem when I tried to run the ActorEditor on linux. When trying to run the binary I get the following error:

./ActorEditor: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I also get a similar error when trying to run the ColourTester

./ColourTester: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am compiling from svn. I get the same runtime errors regardless if I try either of the premake systems (the old default one or the new one).

running ldd ./ActorEditor gives me the following results

linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fffa9dff000)

../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so => not found

libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fa9220c7000)

libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007fa921d43000)

libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007fa921ac0000)

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fa9223ee000)

libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007fa9218aa000)

I tried changing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include ~/0ad/binaries/system but it didn't help. The the libary libAtlasUI.so does exist in ~/0ad/binaries/system so I don't know why I am getting this runtime error.

I encountered a problem when I tried to run the ActorEditor on linux. When trying to run the binary I get the following error:

./ActorEditor: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I also get a similar error when trying to run the ColourTester

./ColourTester: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am compiling from svn. I get the same runtime errors regardless if I try either of the premake systems (the old default one or the new one).

running ldd ./ActorEditor gives me the following results

linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fffa9dff000)

../../../binaries/system/libAtlasUI.so => not found

libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fa9220c7000)

libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007fa921d43000)

libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007fa921ac0000)

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fa9223ee000)

libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007fa9218aa000)

I tried changing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include ~/0ad/binaries/system but it didn't help. The the libary libAtlasUI.so does exist in ~/0ad/binaries/system so I don't know why I am getting this runtime error.

I don't think either of those tools are being used anymore, so they probably haven't been maintained. In fact, I mean to delete ColourTester soon, since it has no use.

The Actor Viewer mode in Atlas is a rough approximation of those tools, though as far as I know, we have no UI for editing entities.