• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Aristosseur

Aristosseur

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hello everyone, I've been watching this for about a year and tried one of the alpha versions, I have to say I'm really looking forward to this.
A correction should be made hence the account creation: on the sacrificing pillar it speaks of Ionian colonies and the Spartans were Dorian, it's a completely wrong inscription that would not be found in Sparta.

#22 Fire Giant

Fire Giant

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

Whoa, my first post here in many years! :-)

Awesome progress, I can't believe how much has happened since I slipped out of active involvement in the project.

The new main menu is beautiful! For those who don't know, I was the UI coder for the old main menu -- while it made me extremely proud to see that something I worked on was still in the project after such a long time, I'm happy to see things moving on :-)

The game is becoming incredibly polished these days, and somehow I wish I was in my teenage years again and had all that spare time I had back then, to really contribute to the efforts. But I am incredibly pleased to see that so many people have stuck with the project and that it is making such awesome progress to completion. The persistence and discipline at WFG are incredible, and really set this project and this team apart from so many other communities!

All the best going forward, I'll be sure to keep track!
Malte

P.S.: For those who still recall me from the old days (seems like it's been ages!) -- I'm now doing my PhD in Cambridge, although I am currently around the bay area doing an internship at Google. Still checking out the 0 A.D. website every could of weeks, though! ;-)
Malte Schwarzkopf [aka Fire Giant]

Wildfire Games User Interface Designer and Artist
Contact me: malte@wildfiregames.com

Roma Victor Faction - Winter doesn't stop the Roman Legions...

Support Wildfire Games!

#23 Wijitmaker

Wijitmaker

0 A.D. Old Timer

• WFG Retired
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hey Malte, glad to hear things are going well with you. It's always neat to hear about current stories of past members. Perhaps 0 A.D. made a small contribution in your education and career development. That was always one of my main intents :)

Can you tell us what your doing at Google?

Jason Bishop [ aka Wijitmaker ]

0 A.D. Founder

Contact me: jason@wildfiregames.com

#24 Krtasek

Krtasek

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

I just signed in,

I'm looking for a game like this a long time, cause I'm sick of the new shiny-trash games. I'm downloading alpha7 right now and if I'm going to like it,
maybe I will try to help you with your effort, cause I'm a programmer also.

Thanks wildfire team

#25 Brendan_

Brendan_

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

After playing Alpha 7 for a few days, I just uninstalled it ....because it was stealing all my time. ;)

Edited by Brendan_, 30 October 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#26 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

After playing Alpha 7 for a few days, I just uninstalled it ....because it was stealing all my time. ;)

That's one of the better compliments a game can get =) In a weird kind of way :)

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#27 KingofAncients

KingofAncients

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

Hello All,

I am new to 0 A.D, I was poking around the internet this week looking to see if anyone was producing a more modern version of the original AOE and I found a forum that had the link to this game. I am really glad I found it. I downloaded the Alpha 7 today and although I know it is still in development I have to say, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I am very excited about this game. I truly appreciate the historical depth and accuracy you are giving this game as I was a History major in college and I am currently working on my M.A. in Military History. I do have a question though, one of the things that frustrated me today when I was playing was the fact that I could not save my game. Then I noticed on your developer/build RSS on the bottom left of the home page that as of 30 OCT you have integrated the ability to save a single player game. So my question is, how do I update the Alpha 7 version with the latest build or is that not possible? I would really love to be able to save a game.

Thanks and keep up the great work guys!

KoA

#28 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Thanks for your kind words. I'll answer a few things in turn:

1. Saving single player games right now is only in the early stages but is looking very promising. Likely a stable and useful game saving feature will be included in Alpha 8, which is about a month and some change away.

2. You can get the SVN version of the game, which has all the up-to-date files for the game, here: http://trac.wildfire...rtoiseSVN_Guide