102 replies to this topic

#61 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hmmm. Shouldn't do that...

I'm actually going to have Christmas now, so I won't be able to update for a few hours. Merry Christmas all.
I get it... There's indeed a problem, I'll fix it as soon as possible

Edited by wraitii, 25 December 2011 - 11:41 AM.

Lancelot de Ferrière le Vayer [ aka Wraitii ]
Wildfire Games Programmer, AI developer, auxiliary map designer, dealing with anything water.
Contact me: wraitii@wildfiregames.com

Also the world's only three-dimensional poodle.

#62 infyquest

infyquest

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

We need to upgrade the premake to latest version, there are some patches to support xcode4 (fixes a regression)

#63 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Can anybody try this version? I'm not sure which it is, but it should fairly work.
Wildfire Games Programmer, AI developer, auxiliary map designer, dealing with anything water.

#64 JuliusColtranePille

JuliusColtranePille

Sesquiplicarius

• Donator
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Can anybody try this version? I'm not sure which it is, but it should fairly work.

yeah. it works now! thankyou!
"Jazz means Freedom."

Miles Davis

#65 memmaker650

memmaker650

Discens

• Donator
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

Doesn't work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8, try to create a window but the app closes throwing a window with error messages.

#66 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Doesn't work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8, try to create a window but the app closes throwing a window with error messages.

Could you "report the problem to Apple" and paste the error code?
And have you downloaded the data? If not, download the data, and put the application in the same folder as the "mods", "config" and "tools" folder.

In case there is still a problem and it appears you have done everything right, could you open the console and paste the error messages appearing?

Edited by wraitii, 25 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#67 JuliusColtranePille

JuliusColtranePille

Sesquiplicarius

• Donator
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

but unfortunately atlas does not work, although according to the developers-team it should.

in the "suggestions for 0 A.D."-thread they say it would need some extra tweaking concerning the compiling.

hmmm?!
"Jazz means Freedom."

Miles Davis

#68 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, I didn't include AtlasUI.dylib because I couldn't get it to compile, but I didn't really try either because I focused myself on getting the game to work first.

#69 memmaker650

memmaker650

Discens

• Donator
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Yeah, I didn't include AtlasUI.dylib because I couldn't get it to compile, but I didn't really try either because I focused myself on getting the game to work first.

You are doing a great work. I suggest Wildfire Games create another pledgie to contribute to paid a couple of developers to adapt knowadays code to create Mac binaries for Snow Leopard and Lion. We are in 8 Alpha version and still without an stable Mac version.

#70 JuliusColtranePille

JuliusColtranePille

Sesquiplicarius

• Donator
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

yeah... if all the mac-guys out there would spend 5 euro/dollar whatever (me included)...
"Jazz means Freedom."

Miles Davis

#71 Almin

Almin

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

We are in 8 Alpha version and still without an stable Mac version.

lol! Alpha! "Alpha"!!! :D
sry for my english

#72 t.holley.os

t.holley.os

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Tried it out on OSX 10.7, no luck...put the file in the 3 folders you said then tried running it, and it opened a blank window, then crashed...is the error report helpful? not sure which part to post if it is..it's huge compared to the ones in the last page.

#73 Yves

Yves

Centurio

• WFG Programming Team
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

We need to upgrade the premake to latest version, there are some patches to support xcode4 (fixes a regression)

We are currently using premake 4.3 with a lot of customizations.
Premake 4.4 is in Beta-state and as far as I've seen, they have changed quite a lot of the internal structure.
When I began working on the upgrade from premake3.x to premake4.3, I thought it would be much easier to upgrade to newer versions once it's finished.
It will be easier, but unfortunately there was no way around making changes to premake itself which will make an upgrade harder than initially expected.
Hopefully some of the errors I had to fix in 4.3 will be already fixed in 4.4 and all the assembler stuff isn't needed anymore, but maybe there will be new bugs or changes that require adaptation.
I will probably have another look a it after premake4.4 is stable. This time it's probably better to take the time and try to get as much of our changes back into premake so that the next upgrade will be easier.

In regard of xcode support, we can't expect the upgrade to happen in the next few months and I don't even know if premake4.4 supports it much better.
On the other hand, XCode support isn't directly connected to supporting .app bundles in our build-process.
We could already do it now if there was someone with a Mac and enough knowledge and time.
I used a VM for the Premake development, but that's not sufficient for this task and current I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars just for this purpose.
Maybe I could buy a Macbook and set up a dualboot with linux... so I could also use it for other purposes. :)

#74 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Tried it out on OSX 10.7, no luck...put the file in the 3 folders you said then tried running it, and it opened a blank window, then crashed...is the error report helpful? not sure which part to post if it is..it's huge compared to the ones in the last page.

It should be helpful anyway.

I'm not sure which version I've posted where, but this is the latest version. Just download it and start the application without changing anything, it ought to work.

#75 memmaker650

memmaker650

Discens

• Donator
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

It should be helpful anyway.

I'm not sure which version I've posted where, but this is the latest version. Just download it and start the application without changing anything, it ought to work.

Great work. All the content in a folder. Works on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 but when you launch the game i can see many lines with errors and the game start to works slowly.
Unique great problem, game has no sound(no background music and no sound effect).

Detail needed: nice icon.

But also great work, it goes on the right way.

Edited by memmaker650, 29 December 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#76 JuliusColtranePille

JuliusColtranePille

Sesquiplicarius

• Donator
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

does atlas work at the moment? this would be great... the last big wish for the mac-version in the current situation!
"Jazz means Freedom."

Miles Davis

#77 MishFTW

MishFTW

Primus Pilus

• Web Development Team
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

The latest version works great! good job. I'm just going to try to put into one .app file and if it works, I'll upload that for downloading.
Mish [Adarash Mishra]
Wildfire Games Webmaster
Email Me | About Me

#78 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Unique great problem, game has no sound(no background music and no sound effect).

Sound doesn't work on Mac at the moment, the sound system is being rewritten though, which should fix this and other issues. Unfortunately the programmer working on this wasn't able to fix it in time for Alpha 8, but hopefully he will be able to for Alpha 9 so Mac users finally will be able to have sound in the game :)

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#79 MishFTW

MishFTW

Primus Pilus

• Web Development Team
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Yeah sorry to say I couldn't jumble it into one app. :( But I added the icon file... And can this please be moved out of the applications forum?
Mish [Adarash Mishra]
Wildfire Games Webmaster
Email Me | About Me

#80 Polypropylen

Polypropylen

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

How long does it usually take to go on from one alpha stage to the next?