Game hangs when trying to start a skirmish (match)

Metallistic

I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Tried running as administrator but with no results. It hangs right after it reaches 100% at the loading screen and the monitor goes white. When I click the mouse button it says that the pyrogenesis.exe is not responding. My video card is an ARI 4870x2 with the latest drivers installed.

Please help me to resolve this issue, I REALLY want to try this game out. :(

Hmm, that doesn't sound like an expected problem. Could you try following the instructions on this page to find where the game is freezing? (It might help to press alt+enter to switch to windowed mode first.)

Hello there and thanks for the reply. Here is the link: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/496271/

Did I do it right or I messed up something?

Btw, every time this happens, my AMD drivers fail and they force a recover. I reinstalled them too, but did not help.

Edited by Metallistic

Looks like those debugging instructions need updating for 64-bit versions of WinDbg (which are the default on 64-bit Windows). I've updated that page now (the "If you are on 64-bit Windows" steps are new) - if you could try it again, that will hopefully give more useful information :)

Also it might be helpful if you could open "%appdata%\0ad\logs\" in Explorer and post the system_info.txt file.

Hmm, I think the most relevant part is the main thread at

0  Id: 1d4c.1fc8 Suspend: 1 Teb: 7efdb000 Unfrozen "main"
ChildEBP RetAddr
005cf428 773831bb ntdll32!NtDelayExecution+0x15
005cf490 77383a8b KERNELBASE!SleepEx+0x65
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll -
005cf4a0 6908085c KERNELBASE!Sleep+0xf
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
005cf4b8 698bb436 atioglxx!DrvPresentBuffers+0x43dc
005cf530 698f0747 atioglxx!DrvPresentBuffers+0x83efb6
005cf544 698d767f atioglxx!DrvPresentBuffers+0x8742c7
00000000 00000000 atioglxx!DrvPresentBuffers+0x85b1ff

but that doesn't look abnormal to me (it looks kind of like it's rendering and waiting for vsync, which is what it should be doing). Was the game frozen at the white screen before you did the "Break" in WinDbg? If so, I'm still not sure where the problem is occurring :(

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem once when i tried to run the game while in safe mode (don't ask me why i'd do that, it is a long story). Safe Mode = some funcionalities of the OS deactivated, so i bet the problem is really about drivers...

This is my video card: http://ark.intel.com/pt-br/products/52206/Intel-Core-i5-2300-Processor-(6M-Cache-2_80-GHz) . (LOL!)