So i open this thread to make suggestions for the alpha 9 name. This post will be updated with your suggestions, so please read this post before posting a suggestion, to check if it's already be suggested
I remember that the Alpha 9 name must begin with the 9th letter of the alphabet, letter "I", and should be about the Roman world
- ITALIA: in ancient times it indicated only the southern regions of modern Italy, but from 42 AC, with the suppression of the province of Gallia Cisalpina, it indicates the whole italian peninsula (see this map)
- IMPERIUM: is a concept of power that already exists in roman republic (see here for the meaning)
- IUPPITER (equivalent to greek Zeus), the father of other gods and men
- IUNO (equivalent to greek Era), the wife of Iuppiter
- IANUS, the most ancient roman god, the god of beginnings and endings, from his name are derived January and janitor
- Ides of March
- Iceni is a possibility. That was the tribe which brought up Boudicca.
- Illyria could work too. That is in modern Yugoslavia where there lived a people that emphasized on guerrilla warfare.
- Iphikrates was an important reformer, and was responsible for inventing Ekodromoi and heavy peltasts.
- Icarus The son of Daedalus who ended up getting killed by not heeding the fact that wax melts with heat.
- Indibil Not too original, but he is an Iberian hero in 0 A.D. so I will not give much of a biography on him.
- Iris Greek messenger goddess who used the rainbow for travel.
- Ilipa is a name of a battle: The Battle of Ilipa in 206 BC was considered Scipio Africanus's most brilliant victory in his military career during the Second Punic War. Though it may not seem to be as original as Hannibal's tactic at Cannae, Scipio's pre-battle maneuver and his Reverse Cannae formation was still a culmination of his tactical ability, in which he forever broke the Carthaginian hold in Iberia, thus denying any further land invasion into Italy and a rich base for the Barca Dynasty both in silver and manpower.
- Ilia, also known as Rea Silvia, the mother of Romolo and Remo, the founders of Rome. The story of Ilia is in "Ab Urbe Condita libri CXLII" written by Titus Livius, really important for our knowledge of the Roman history and for the Italian culture in general.
- Ilion - the widely known troy, in ancient greek(you know trojan war, trojan horse etc.)
- Ippos - horse in greek
- Iulus. The ancestor of Julius Caesar, and son of Aeneas. Also known as Ascanius
- Iaculum (Roman javelin or short spear)
- Iratus OR Irata OR Iratum (angry, wrathful)
- Infortunium (misfortune - what happens to Carthage after Romans show up )
- Inveteratus (long standing - describes Rome)
- Incontenica (lack of restrain - Romans couldn't help expanding )
- Iaculus. This one is derived from iaculum (spear). It's associated with small serpeant or dragon, also called the javelin snake
- Illyricorum or Ituraeorum - Roman auxiliaray regiment
- Imperator - Means "leader" or "commander"
- Iulius Caesar (but Mythos_Ruler noted that "Julius Caesar won't even be in the release")
- Iulii (House of the Julii- Patrician roman family)
- Isis: Greco-Egyptian fertility goddess, Augustus tried to curtail her cult without success
- Ionia: is an ancient region of central coastal Anatolia (Asia Minor), now in the modern Turkey. In antiquity Ionia is known for many great philosophers it produced, including Thales, Anaximander, Aniximenes, Pythagoras, Heraclitus, Empedocles, Anaxagoras, Archelaus
- Imperial Destiny: The Rise of Rome
- immodicus : immoderate, excessive, beyond measure.
- impetus : attack, onset, rapid motion / impulse, passion, force.
- ingenium : innate character, talent, nature
Edited by ribez, 22 February 2012 - 10:09 AM.