Game's "jerking"

crissc

Hello everyone,

Last year ! I discovered by chance/by accident the game 0ad.

I've had several problems to install it, but with your help I managed it !

I've built this game onto two different laptops, and with both I have the same symptoms, I have a jerked game play, the mouse is moving slowly, it's really difficult to be precise while clicking, because the mouse "jumps" from place to place rather than a fluid moving.

I first thought it was a problem due to my material, the first install was done on a two years old eepc. So I tried the game on a newest laptop, a HP DV6-6165sf, Processor : 4x AMD A6-3410MX APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, Memory : 7661MB (1254MB used), Operating System : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.3.

Hopefully we'll find any issue to solve this kind of problem 'cause the game isn't playable in this "state".

Regards.

crissc

Edited by crissc

This is caused by a combination of two things. Firstly there are problems with performance in the game, mostly AI and pathfinding, these are being improved for the next release hopefully. Secondly on linux the game uses opengl cursors so the mouse movement is synchronized to the games framerate so it feels much more jerky than if you play on windows. Hopefully this can also be changed.

This is caused by a combination of two things. Firstly there are problems with performance in the game, mostly AI and pathfinding, these are being improved for the next release hopefully. Secondly on linux the game uses opengl cursors so the mouse movement is synchronized to the games framerate so it feels much more jerky than if you play on windows. Hopefully this can also be changed.

Thanks quantumstate,

I'd read some post about this kind of problem, thanks aga.

in for your answer.

I'll try to install the game under Windows 7.

crissc

• 5 weeks later...