• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

(Fun fact: Pyramids are located only on the western bank of the Nile)

I know, but it felt wrong to only allow access to a pyramid for only one side. :/ I'm thinking of making them "ruins" by which resources can be harvested.

#42 Argantonius

Argantonius

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

By the way, since there is a donkey model already (as part of the Iberian and Celtic trader units) what about including some wild asses/onagers (desert, steppe, mediterranean)?

#43 SMST

SMST

Triplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Woah, awesome. Those maps in the OP are from AoM, right?

Posted Image
Platon - it's like Communism without the noble goal.

#44 Spahbod

Spahbod

Triplicarius

• WFG Programming Team
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

By the way, since there is a donkey model already (as part of the Iberian and Celtic trader units) what about including some wild asses/onagers (desert, steppe, mediterranean)?

I created an onager's texture based on zebras some times ago. Then found that we already have a separate donkey model. But of course they could be a very good addition to the game.
Omid Davoodi [ aka Spahbod ]

Wildfire Games Random Map Designer, Low-level Programmer
Contact me: myops37@yahoo.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#45 marcosbm

marcosbm

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

a question, in the scenario editor are not bridges? You could add the ability to build bridges in a similar way to the wall being built to cross rivers, could give much play.

something so

Posted Image

#46 marcosbm

marcosbm

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

I created the scenario editor would look like with bridges, as I have no bridges as bridges fields hahahaha

Posted Image

#47 historic_bruno

historic_bruno

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

For scenarios you can make a "fake" bridge, see the Bridge Demo map for an example. Basically there is a bridge model and you raise the terrain inside it to make it passable. Not quite the same as a real bridge, but it looks surprisingly good :)
Ben Brian [ aka historic_bruno ]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: ben [at] wildfiregames [dot] com

#48 marcosbm

marcosbm

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

then there are bridges in the scenario editor?

#49 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

There are "bridge sides" in the editor =) In other words, you need to create the middle part manually, but there are parts which you can use for the sides to make it look like a bridge. Then paint the middle part with a road texture or something to make it work well together :) To find the bridge pieces just go to the Object tab in the editor and start to write "bridge" in the filter textbox (you only need to write "brid" to just have the bridge pieces displayed =) ).

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#50 Pureon

Pureon

Primus Pilus

• 0 A.D. Art Team
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yep

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pureon
0 A.D. Part time Designer / Texturer / 3D Artist
Contact email:
pureon{@}wildfiregames.com

#51 marcosbm

marcosbm

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

mmm I thought there was great bridges in the editor because they found them, thanks
:)

#52 Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen

Nothing here

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

i want bridges for new gameplay. (destructible entity).

You now about "Colonial powers" Map in Rise of Nations?
or Yucatan in AOE III. (i know this not 0.AD theme map)

Retired- Without Michael the project is not the same.

#53 Unarmed

Unarmed

Duplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

The biomes are great. I have no idea if this is a original idea or (partly) from another game but that does not matter. I hope to see more biomes, it does such a excellent job to the atmosphere. It is truelly great, I'm very positive about this.

I myself do not care about the fantasy ones like gear, so perhaps a filter that says:

-Authentic maps

It would also be nice to have better or more detailed descriptions. I would like to know what factions would be there. I prefer playing as immersive as possible so with factions that might or would be there (though I could play scenarios for that). This task could be done by fans of the game who like to help out.

One biome I would like to see is a green Middle Eastern map. Just like many people when I was young I was under the impression that the whole Middle East was desert and mountains. But when I was about 14 (that's 7 years ago) I came across some beautiful pictures of Iran which was very green (can't find it anymore I did look). That would be nice.

The biomes are fantastic work. The scenarios are also great, very immersive. The only critism I have but I'm sure has been heard is some animals are placed on the wrong biomes. Some might be placeholders which is fine. But being such a nature freak when I see a wildebeest in Turkey it makes me a bit like Michael Scott seeing Toby return:

Only with the wildebeest though as it is quite an error and of course I'm exaggerating.

Edited by Unarmed, 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#54 Nolanjoker

Nolanjoker

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

not all Rms are descripted here? i dont see the canyon map and forest map.

Edited by Nolanjoker, 27 July 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Si dice che nella vita gli esami e i guai non finiscono mai... ma delle file vogliamo parlarne? -- Giulio Castronovo da PensieriParole

#55 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

not all Rms are descripted here? i dont see the canyon map and forest map.

Some have taken it upon themselves to design their own random map scripts. The ones listed in this thread are the "official" ones.

#56 Nolanjoker

Nolanjoker

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

huh thanks,
Si dice che nella vita gli esami e i guai non finiscono mai... ma delle file vogliamo parlarne? -- Giulio Castronovo da PensieriParole

#57 Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen

Nothing here

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

We can including misc lands, for example AOE III Yucantan. Becuse in this map is my country. Or AOK HdII
QlJjViW.jpg
We can re named: Mesoamerica (tropical type Caribbean ).

Mesoamerica is a region and cultural area in the Americas, extending approximately from central Mexico to Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and northern Costa Rica, within which a number of pre-Columbian societies flourished before the Spanish colonization of the Americas in the 15th and 16th centuries.[1][2] It is one of six areas in the world where ancient civilization arose independently, and the second in the Americas after Norte Chico (Caral-Supe) in present-day northern coastal Peru.

Have good a beautiful fauna.
tNesZsH.jpg
Deep forest
K6vPKcP.jpg
And expledid beaches.
OxiSR8V.jpg
1yhmclZ.png

####################%%%%##%%%%%
NZzsApu.jpg
########### Yucantan map###########%%

To the east and west of the map is two ocean coasts, with each player starting alternatively on the right or left. Control of your own ocean is easy to establish, but control of your enemy's ocean would put you in a favorable position, enabling you to attack at the heart of your opponent's colony.
All resources are plentiful on this map, but an addition of naval combat may deplete your mines quickly. Use the ocean to fish and go whaling.
Herdables: (none)
Herds: Deer (400 ), Tapir (500 ).

http://aoe3.heavenga...x.shtml#yucatan

Edited by Lion.Kanzen, 06 February 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Retired- Without Michael the project is not the same.