• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 runrunrun

runrunrun

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

can cavalry units run at double speed when double right clicked? like the 'total war' games, and the real 'charging' mode, crushing the enemies down.Posted Image

#2 Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Rome Total focuses only on the battles, while 0 A.D. focuses both on the battles and on the economics, so it would be a mistake to add charge this way, since it would require more attention of the player to the battlefield (a thing the team doesn't want is micro-management like what could be done with this). What can be done is to make the cavalry auto-charge (and this has already been suggested a bunch of times, including by myself), but the team is first developing the main features of the game before thinking about battle mechanics.

Even though, rest assured your suggestion will be taken into account. Posted Image
Pedro Falcão
Latin: Petrus Falco; Literally means 'Stone Hawk'.
English equivalent: ' Peter ';

Undergraduate Computer Scientist by UFCG
Shotokan Karate Adept, 3rd Kyu (Green Belt) & Muay Thai initiate

#3 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Actually this will be implemented pretty much like that, see http://www.wildfireg...age.php?p=10066 for an old writeup. It might not end up 100% like that, but more or less.

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#4 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Sorry to disappoint, Pedro, but charging and running are indeed planned. In fact, these features were implemented in Sim1 prior to the Sim2 engine rewrite.

Here is a very old showcase on the subject: http://www.wildfireg...age.php?p=10066

EDIT: Erik beat me to it. Posted Image

#5 runrunrun

runrunrun

Tiro

• Community Newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Actually this will be implemented pretty much like that, see http://www.wildfireg...age.php?p=10066 for an old writeup. It might not end up 100% like that, but more or less.

That's REALLY impressive, I've been dreaming to have charging units in an AOE-like gamePosted Image

Edited by runrunrun, 22 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#6 Carlos_Barraza

Carlos_Barraza

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Rome Total focuses only on the battles, while 0 A.D. focuses both on the battles and on the economics, so it would be a mistake to add charge this way, since it would require more attention of the player to the battlefield (a thing the team doesn't want is micro-management like what could be done with this). What can be done is to make the cavalry auto-charge (and this has already been suggested a bunch of times, including by myself), but the team is first developing the main features of the game before thinking about battle mechanics.

Even though, rest assured your suggestion will be taken into account. Posted Image

no entiendo muy vien lo que se quiere decir.
¿corren mas rapido los caballos?
¿esto se puede hacer? porque no me funciona

wind do not quite understand what you mean.
Do they run faster horses?
Will this be done? because it does not work

Edited by Carlos_Barraza, 26 February 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#7 Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

no entiendo muy vien lo que se quiere decir.
¿corren mas rapido los caballos?
¿esto se puede hacer? porque no me funciona

Aún no. Pero, cómo Erik y Michael me corrigiran esto está planeado para breve y incluso ya fue agregado antes, pero durante la reforma del juego (en 2009, yo creo), la opcion fue perdida.
Pedro Falcão
Latin: Petrus Falco; Literally means 'Stone Hawk'.
English equivalent: ' Peter ';

Undergraduate Computer Scientist by UFCG
Shotokan Karate Adept, 3rd Kyu (Green Belt) & Muay Thai initiate