Light Style© by Fisana

Photo

Known Problems (Please read before posting)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 quantumstate

quantumstate

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

The clone attackers

Thanks, this should now be fixed in the latest svn. If you see this again please tell me with details about what map and what time in the game (F12) it happened.

Jonathan Waller [ aka quantumstate ]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: jonathanmarkwaller at gmail dot com

Support Wildfire Games!

#22 feneur

feneur

Cartographer of imaginary worlds

• 0 A.D. Project Leader
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

i was see this in various maps,Anatolian Plateu, Lake, and the first time in Laconia map .

Does it occur in latest SVN? I.e. after revision 11765. From your response it sounds like you could be talking about how things were previously.

Erik Johansson [ aka feneur ]

Wildfire Games
Contact me: feneur@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#23 Jeru

Jeru

Factotum

• Web Development Team
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Are the Alpha 9 bugs still relevant?

Aviv Sharon [ aka Jeru ]

Wildfire Games 0 A.D. PR & Social Media Contributor
Contact me:
E-mail & Google Talk: aviv dot sharon at gmail dot com
MSN: lc_jerusalem at hotmail dot com
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn

#24 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

I believe "AI tries to gather from resources near your base" (in the main section) has been mostly fixed.

Can Trade with Unfinished Markets seems irrelevant now.

I'm not too sure about Units Ignore Orders when Attacked.

The "out of memory" error might still happen in some situations, I believe, but not as commonly.

Lancelot de Ferrière le Vayer [ aka Wraitii ]
Wildfire Games Programmer, AI developer, auxiliary map designer, dealing with anything water.
Contact me: wraitii@wildfiregames.com

Also the world's only three-dimensional poodle.

#25 TheProject

TheProject

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

hi guys,

lovee the game but i reckon two things which are really anoyin. First things is AI prefers building mills instead of attackin me, so if i attack him i find, literally, thousends of them in the enemy teretory. Second, im a defense Player so i bulid a lot castle, towers and wall. At some point AI seems to think that it is not a good idea to attack me anymore and stops every action. Maybe because there are no rescources anymore because AI used it everything to build the Mills...

PS. No native english speaker, still i hope u get what i mean

#26 Pedro95s

Pedro95s

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thats correct men. The game needs more optimization and more technologies for the battle.

#27 MishFTW

MishFTW

Primus Pilus

• Web Development Team
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well if you look at the revision log, you'll notice that Wraitii has merged his Marilyn bot into qBot. This should make qBot a bit more agressive :)
Mish [Adarash Mishra]
Wildfire Games Webmaster
Email Me | About Me

#28 wraitii

wraitii

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Technically, there's a new bot (qBot - experimental) that's a merge of both. I'll commit some more changes before Alpha 11, it should prove slightly more of a challenge.
Lancelot de Ferrière le Vayer [ aka Wraitii ]
Wildfire Games Programmer, AI developer, auxiliary map designer, dealing with anything water.
Contact me: wraitii@wildfiregames.com

Also the world's only three-dimensional poodle.

#29 Jeru

Jeru

Factotum

• Web Development Team
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

I took the liberty to rearrange the issues, add some details and omit this:

Alpha 9 issues

Out of Memory
There is a known bug in qBot (sorry) in Alpha 9 which means that if you have any qBot's with no units in the game you will probably get some out of memory errors eventually. This is common when testing with a blank map in Atlas (map editor) since by default Atlas has 8 players. If you are playing against multiple qBot's then a workaround is to leave something harmless like a house or tower standing. This is fixed in svn.

I am assuming this was fixed in Alpha 10 and onwards.

Aviv Sharon [ aka Jeru ]

Wildfire Games 0 A.D. PR & Social Media Contributor
Contact me:
E-mail & Google Talk: aviv dot sharon at gmail dot com
MSN: lc_jerusalem at hotmail dot com
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn

#30 0adgeek564

0adgeek564

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

there should be wall convert to gate feature so that we dont have to leave some spaces open of our city and are less vulnerable

#31 dvangennip

dvangennip

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

there should be wall convert to gate feature so that we dont have to leave some spaces open of our city and are less vulnerable

Check the front page of the 0 A.D. website, it shows a teaser video of working gates :)

#32 0adgeek564

0adgeek564

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

obviously the lag is a big problem. Mine even crashed , it was that slow maybe because the map was Continent and its an island. then theres this misplaced shadows thing like the shadow of my wall is too far away from the wall. I also suggest that the fish in the sea should move

#33 0adgeek564

0adgeek564

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I did like the variety of objects in the map editor, how the tiger in the editor is only orange with no stripes. I think there should be more variety of seacreatures and birds like ostriches and dolphins,killer whales. I think that the editor is really hard to use and should be like the one in AOM. I really hope the bugs and problems of this are easily overcome coz it will be the best pc game for me. I congratulate the developers for making the graphics in the game really good and for the variety of objects in the editor. I do think there should be a tutorial coz it will be easier for many to learn from that instead of reading a page.

#34 raymond

raymond

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for trying out 0 A.D. and coming here to report your problem. As the game is still in alpha releases there are still many things we need to do. Many of these we know already, so when you provide feedback we would ask you to focus on some of the other points that could be improved.

There is a neat table of planned features at http://trac.wildfire...ayFeatureStatus so you can tell what we are planning to add.

Lag
This is a common complaint, and with good reason. The game does not run as fast as we would like. Late in the game you will probably experience some lag, this is caused by a mixture of things, AI and pathfinding are big ones. The problem is worse on island maps and with multiple AI players.

One thing that can be helpful is giving us the profiler information. This automatically generated information is useful for working out where the lag is coming from. If you hit Shift-F11 this will be dumped into a file (location given at the top of the screen). Please upload these data to our forums to help us solve the problem. Thanks!

Attached profile.txt. Playing with 3 AI players.
System: OS X 10.8.1
0 A.D. version: Alpha 11

Attached Files

Edited by raymond, 09 September 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#35 desmotes

desmotes

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I've been playing 0AD for a little while now and recently had a great(?) idea for a scenario, so I just started to map it. The editor is actually pretty good, I had little problems using it, though I got little to no experience in this...but after working a few hours on it, trying to save it, I almost got a nervous breakdown cuz the editor refused to save. It's obviously a common problem and that's just logical, because the game has, fortunately, no root access - but even trying to save a map in $HOME fails, cuz the game still tries to write into a root directory.
My question now is:

Why does it write into some root directory at all? Wouldn't it be easy to create a /home/user/.0ad folder, where all scenarios are automatically saved?
I'm now also pondering, whether it makes sense to try some custom made build inside my $HOME, but doubt it would change anything...
Amat victoria curam.

#36 historic_bruno

historic_bruno

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Why does it write into some root directory at all? Wouldn't it be easy to create a /home/user/.0ad folder, where all scenarios are automatically saved?
I'm now also pondering, whether it makes sense to try some custom made build inside my $HOME, but doubt it would change anything...

The Save As dialog is misleading because it appears to give you the choice of where to save the file, but really it will save it in the currently loaded mod directory. On most OSes that will not be writable and it will fail. Indeed it would make more sense to save them somewhere in the user's home directory, but the engine needs to be modified to handle that and a few other cases. It's on our TODO list ;) Meanwhile, it might have saved the map in the cache folder, can you check that? http://trac.wildfire...i/GameDataPaths
Ben Brian [ aka historic_bruno ]

Contact me: ben [at] wildfiregames [dot] com

#37 desmotes

desmotes

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

This explains, why the error appeared to be the very same. ;)

I checked the folders, but there's obviously no cached file - there is a "temp.0adsave" I can't attribute to anything, but loading it with editor fails, so I guess it's a game's autosave...?
Amat victoria curam.

#38 leper

leper

Triplicarius

• WFG Programming Team
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Have you checked in ~/.cache/0ad/maps/scenarios ? There should be a .xml and a .pmp file for your map.
Georg Kilzer [ aka leper ]
Contact me: leper@wildfiregames.com

Support Wildfire Games!

#39 desmotes

desmotes

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Nope, no maps-folder at all.