#1 KayEhn

KayEhn

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

So, two things i have noticed.
1) (As probably already said) When i have barely placed anything, not as much needed in-game to lag it, the editor jumps and skips around, lagging and causing my screen a lot. It takes quite a while when i want to get back to the original view i was at, and continue creating.

2) I have noticed that when i switch from a map-editing tool (like modify, flatten, ect.) and then back to character placing, or sometimes just randomly, it changes from 'Player 1' to Gaia automatically. This has caused me a little bit of stress, sometimes finding i have placed half of the map before finding my mistake. Any way of fixing this next time round? Thanks
-KayEhn
-KayEhn, everywhere-

#2 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Not sure what kind of lag you are experiencing with the editor. Perhaps post your specs and other information.

About point number 2, yeah, that's bothered me more than a few times as well. Unfortunately, it's just not a high priority thing to fix. :/

#3 KayEhn

KayEhn

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Not sure what kind of lag you are experiencing with the editor. Perhaps post your specs and other information.

-As in i press Q or E to rotate the view, it stops, and after a couple of seconds, jumps ahead, rotating further than i wanted by a lot. Same thing with movement. It happens so much, and freezes so much, i've gotten to saving and re-opening every couple of minutes.

About point number 2, yeah, that's bothered me more than a few times as well. Unfortunately, it's just not a high priority thing to fix. :/

-Okay, well at least i know i'm not the only one :)
-KayEhn, everywhere-

#4 KayEhn

KayEhn

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

Oh, and how do you download the important information from Map Editor? I'm new at the whole finding where the information is stored in the program files and such...
-KayEhn, everywhere-

#5 quantumstate

quantumstate

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

1) (As probably already said) When i have barely placed anything, not as much needed in-game to lag it, the editor jumps and skips around, lagging and causing my screen a lot. It takes quite a while when i want to get back to the original view i was at, and continue creating.

Atlas is designed to pause when you are inactive so it doesn't use up lots of cpu in th background. I find this doesn't quite work correctly on my PC (I think this is the cause, not certain though). If I constantly move the mouse then everything runs smoothly, otherwise it is very jerky, maybe you have the same thing happening.

This topic http://www.wildfireg...=0 might help you with where the map editor saves file.

Jonathan Waller [ aka quantumstate ]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: jonathanmarkwaller at gmail dot com

Support Wildfire Games!

#6 KayEhn

KayEhn

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

Atlas is designed to pause when you are inactive so it doesn't use up lots of cpu in th background. I find this doesn't quite work correctly on my PC (I think this is the cause, not certain though). If I constantly move the mouse then everything runs smoothly, otherwise it is very jerky, maybe you have the same thing happening.

This topic http://www.wildfireg...=0 might help you with where the map editor saves file.

Thank you so much! :D Moving the mouse around has proven to cut down on the lag quite a bit!
-KayEhn, everywhere-

#7 Ykkrosh

Ykkrosh

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

If you're on Linux, this bug caused poor Atlas behaviour for me and might be relevant - the display freezes until there's some kind of X event (e.g. mouse input). The patch is released in libxcb 1.8, but I haven't tested yet whether it fixes the problem.
Philip Taylor [aka Ykkrosh]

Contact me: philip@wildfiregames.com

#8 quantumstate

quantumstate

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

That sounds like the bug I am experiencing. I am afraid of breaking stuff when upgrading system libraries though.

Jonathan Waller [ aka quantumstate ]

Contact me: jonathanmarkwaller at gmail dot com

Support Wildfire Games!