Light Style© by Fisana

Photo

Anybody with the SVN version of the game want to help out?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 FeXoR

FeXoR

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Doesn't look too shabby. I would cut down the number of "gates" to 3 or 4, and make the area the walls enclose a little bigger.

To reduce the number of gates (entries for now) just reduce the number of corners in rmgen/misc.js line 200. They where set to randInt(5, 10), changed max to 7 so perhaps it's ok already. If you like more corners but less gates tell me so I can drop every 2nd or so (though with 5 corners min. there might be only be 3 gates and them ending up in the woods of the random maps would cause the player to be trapped).

The default fortress radius should definitely not be larger! Just raise the fortress radius in rmgen/misc.js (iberWallRadius line 193) and load a few maps. There's just not enough space on most. However, I can easily add an additional keyword argument to make the radius adjustable for each map (though I doubt this will be largely used).

I dug out the old code for more organic looking fortresses and adjusted it a bit. I got the size more stable at the same randomness. Added it and it can be setup in line 203 of rmgen/misc.js. They are closed by a linear wall so not all parts of the wall are bended. I'll try to reduce the length of the linear part further.

I replaced the entries with gates just to show how it looks. I will change them back before committing ofc. To make them playable just replace 'gate' with 'entry' in rmgen/wall_builder.js line 634 (for irregular polygonal fortresses) and for the others in rmgen/misc.js line 203, 206, 209 and 212.

Since there are 4 shapes working fine (for me) perhaps the style could be chosen randomly... I'd like that.

Attached File  iber_wall_civ_bonus2012-5-4b.zip   135.95KB   35 downloads

Edit: Since it's already in the SVN repo I assume you like it :D

It seams you're not a big friend of discussions :laugh:

However, that was not considered final for me :acute:. There is much debug logging left and if we only want to use one fortress shape the other shape's code (documented out anyways) should be removed from misk.js. IMO. I'll post a cleaner version (only the files to update) later somewhere... ;)

Edited by FeXoR, 05 May 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#22 FeXoR

FeXoR

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Removed all unneeded code. If Iberians got towers only they'll now get 7 instead of 5:

Attached File  iber_wall_civ_bonus2012-5-7.zip   12.2KB   56 downloads

#23 MishFTW

MishFTW

Primus Pilus

• Web Development Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Mish [Adarash Mishra]
Wildfire Games Webmaster
Email Me | About Me

#24 Mythos_Ruler

Mythos_Ruler

Senator

• WFG Retired
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Removed all unneeded code. If Iberians got towers only they'll now get 7 instead of 5:

Attached File  iber_wall_civ_bonus2012-5-7.zip   12.2KB   56 downloads

Hehe, sorry, yeah, I threw it into SVN because...

Spoiler

:)

Good work!

#25 FeXoR

FeXoR

Centurio

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hehe, sorry, yeah, I threw it into SVN because...

:)
Good work!

Yes, I was told in the chat, NP, was just a little nervous that something might not always work properly but it's ok.
No errors should occur and if the walls doesn't always look well we can just tweak the arguments ;)

Thx!

Edited by FeXoR, 08 May 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#26 bioinfornatics

bioinfornatics

Tiro

• Community Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

with the revision 11801 they are a strange issue AI towers has an infinite range attack, in first i had think it is only for iberian with their start tower but i seen this issue with another civ ( do not know which, i have used random civ)

#27 quantumstate

quantumstate

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

I had another go a reproducing this with the gaia towers like you said and it still didn't give infinite range attack. Could you give some step by step instructions which reproduce this bug? Thanks for reporting it, this one sounds quite mysterious.

Jonathan Waller [ aka quantumstate ]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: jonathanmarkwaller at gmail dot com

Support Wildfire Games!