• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteTreePaladin

WhiteTreePaladin

Primus Pilus

• WFG Retired
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

The units get stuck trying to build and sit there playing the animation, but the building sits at zero. It never gets built, so I don't think it is an issue with the GUI updating.
When re-tasked, they do start building again. It seems to never be the first thing they build, but rather happens when they finish a structure and move on to another automatically.

Attached are logs. It happened during the last build palisade command. (The command involved building some palisades that had been placed earlier.
Attached File  logs.zip   12.9KB   21 downloads

Here's some images (the log does not apply to these pictures.)
screenshot0001.jpg
screenshot0002.jpg
screenshot0003.jpg

Brian [aka WhiteTreePaladin]

0 A.D. Gameplay and UI Developer

#2 historic_bruno

historic_bruno

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

In the screenshots it appears there are units trapped in the foundation, and the building can't begin until they have cleared off. Can you confirm that?
Ben Brian [ aka historic_bruno ]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: ben [at] wildfiregames [dot] com

#3 Ykkrosh

Ykkrosh

Primus Pilus

• WFG Programming Team
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

The most useful screenshot would probably be with the camera looking vertically downwards, with obstruction overlay enabled.

I guess the problem is that you've got so many builders that one is standing inside the foundation (preventing the builders from making progress), and is completely surrounded by other units and is therefore unable to get out. I have no idea how we can avoid that problem, without letting units push each other out of the way so they'll never be permanently stuck when surrounded.
Philip Taylor [aka Ykkrosh]

Wildfire Games Programmer
Contact me: philip@wildfiregames.com