So now for something completely different (scenario)

eduh

25-7-14 EDIT: Images on last post now, by page 3.

I may now disappoint you.

That said…
Reading first how do I ideally want to be 0AD in this thread…(look all the images):

http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=16085

I open this thread to announce this and to force myself to complete it. Is a fictional scenario called 'The Last Stand'

200dC. In the western coast of Ireland, the emperor of the Celts (I know) resists the assault of thousand of Roman minions in his island fortress:

This is the image:

0admapa1.png

Romans in the south have a massive army and a little base.
Celtic fortifications in epic proportions are all throughout the map.

The map is nowhere to be finished, but I want to show you what are my ideas for maps.

(Please, add highness to the maps!)

EDIT: .xml and .pmp are in a compression file in page 3 post 7

Edited by eduh
  • Like 2

Nice start dude. If I may suggest something, could you create some more space for the player on the ring? And be sure to keep us updated.

So is it harder for army in the center island or in the land?

I'd say island (if the AI could handle water) because its an attack from all sides. Unless you had good fortifications. But then again, its 100 vs 300 and you have a tactical disadvantage. But it could be argued both ways.

I'd say island (if the AI could handle water) because its an attack from all sides. Unless you had good fortifications. But then again, its 100 vs 300 and you have a tactical disadvantage. But it could be argued both ways.

Cos the island has a small valley, I was wondering if the attackers must land in the beach near the valley and continue to the top of the island?

When they must land on certain area, a group of siege weapons can ruin the attacker when they land.

(Please, add highness to the maps!)

I suspect technical limitations has driven the scale that has been chosen for maps. The problem with tall mountains is that they require an equally wide base if they are to be passable by units. So this would quickly lead to very large maps, which in turn would gobble up memory (unless implemented with a fancy technique like megatextures).

Edited by zoot

I really like the distinct "ramp" feature leading down to the small beach on the island. Some great siege action here... if only the AI could handle water... Alternatively you could make the island player the AI by default and give it some great fortifications. The player would then have to sack the island.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I said I'd continue it, and I have continued it. To restart again, I densified the forests, I corrected some errors, detailed some textures, and added the first signs of civilization, such as roads, fields or bridge, etc. In all it isn´t much, but expect this to be completed ;)

0admapaimagen4.png

Looking much better dude. Why don't you make little inlets into the mountains for some extra building space? And perhaps raise the edges of the island to create sort of a "cup".

Just imagine some huge cannons at the edge of the island blasting incoming ships. Must take a lot ships and units to storm that place :D

• 2 weeks later...

Read the Atlas Manual: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual ;) But in short, just select them with the Move/Rotate tool (the fourways arrows) and press delete. If they're actors press Alt when selecting them as the selection by default is limited to entities (the simple explanation of the difference is that actors are objects which can't be interacted with. For example, a tree could be placed both as an entity and an actor, if it's an entity it can be gathered from and will disappear once there is no more wood left in it, if it's an actor it cannot be gathered from).

Select the move cursor then click on the building and press 'del'

It's also possible to change the owner of a building by selecting the building (using the move cursor) and selecting the owner in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen.

EDIT: feneur already answered while I was writing this, anyway: the second part of my comment might still be of use!

Edited by idanwin

Select the move cursor then click on the building and press 'del'

It's also possible to change the owner of a building by selecting the building (using the move cursor) and selecting the owner in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen.

EDIT: feneur already answered while I was writing this, anyway: the second part of my comment might still be of use!

And to add to that you can also just select the building and press the relevant number key to change the owner quickly ;) (1-8 changes it to that player number, and 0 to Gaia :) )

Thanks people!'

As you can see, the landscape is nearly finished. I know I'm going slowly by the way. After it, I'll do the roman camp, the celtic entrance fortress and the island.

After that I'll post the link and if it is good it could be released with Alpha 11. Pretty please?