===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Farmstead, Mill, and Corral

Mythos_Ruler

Possible mill or farmstead?

As always, nice model, however it feels more like a house than a mill of farmstead. I think the upper terrace is not necessary, unless it is accessible from a stair or a ramp, like a access to high storage of straw or else. It has to feel more utilitary.

I'm thinking of an alternative : I find having two vaults may be too "wealthy" for a farmstead, so I suggest keeping the one at the top, removing the lower one and instead having a second terrace roof, and connecting both terraces with a diagonal balcony including also the stairs or a sort of big ladder. Well, something like that. Such terrace would then give a lot of surface of outdoor work.

That's just and idea I'm throwing like that.

Isn't pizza a chinese creation?

Must've happened through trade.

(I thought pizza was an American dish from New York? Otherwise we would see pizza on the menu of Chinese Take-outs.)

I would separate the granaries from the main building. It looks kinda weird when they are merged.

Edited by Sighvatr

I made this farmstead sketch (not very proud of it xD), with AOE influences for the vertical mill but not sure if it's historically accurate.

Mauryan architecture is not my strong... ^^

Pretty good try Enrique ! I would not give that planks roofs to the main cabin, rather stone tiles.

And for the mill, I would make the sails structure a little bit thiner and a more humble roof, so, timber instead of stone tiles. A earth dome would be really cool too, but I don't know if it would be accurate for Mauryans.

Pretty good try Enrique ! I would not give that planks roofs to the main cabin, rather stone tiles.

And for the mill, I would make the sails structure a little bit thiner and a more humble roof, so, timber instead of stone tiles. A earth dome would be really cool too, but I don't know if it would be accurate for Mauryans.

that mill not can be work in a rainy country.

that mill not can be work in a rainy country.

Lion, you mean a earth dome wouldn't stand the rain climate of India ? Sure. Actually, earth domes exist mostly in Africa, but I'm pretty sure there are some in India, in dry regions. Anyway, the need here is a multi-climate solution, so let's forget the earth idea.

Nice start Josh. Perhaps some more details? An as I understand it, you can set up prop points in the engine so the model will have random assets (barrels, food, etc)

Also, the granary should be white, and perhaps a bit taller?

Thanks for the input! I haven't ever heard of the random prop thing, but if that's possible I would try to us that. I like how you see the second building as a granary, I just originally put is there as another building. Changing it to white sounds good and I'll look into the height. Do you have any comments on end of the roof on the 1st building? I wasn't quite sure how to make that look nice.

Edited by Josh

@Mythos_Ruler: Where would I find the concept sketches?

@Everyone else: Made some minor changes to my model (I don't really care if it's used or not, I just enjoy the modeling):

post-14700-0-26960500-1354408524_thumb.p

If you have a comment, vocalize it. =)

Edited by Josh