Couple Bugs

Burzum

This for the Alpha 12 current version.

1. When you create a random map game and you select the AI on player 2 (red) as you and select player 1 (blue) as computer AI you still stay as player 1.

I did this because I hate playing blue as Romans.

2. Not really a bug but the ships travel ontop of eachother.

ships.jpg

3. qBot AI floods apple trees and the middle forragers can't get out. As a result I imprisoned the entire civilization.

romanprisoncamp.jpg

That's the bugs I see that stand out. I didn't really notice anyhting else apart from hetic lags when moving units or more than one AI on a 3 player map size, but then that's been worked on.

Then last but not least, I didn't see anywhere in town phase III where you can build Roman legionaries or centurions? Where are these untis supposed to be created?

From what I've seen so far in this game it's very good. I think even in this experimental state, it's one of the most prettiest RTS games I've ever played. It will be a wonder once it's made.

I would also like to see Roman Legionaries with a pilum attack option.

Edited by Burzum

Okay here's an update to those bugs.

How I managed to play red (player 2) was not select the AI via the drop down window but clicking on the [C] box and assign the AI's from there.

That only seems to work. So there's a bit of faulty code there.

Second, I don't know if this as something to do with the edge of the map or something but the villiagers seem to be minning fresh air what appears to be metal.

I had sent scouts to find more metal and I found Player 1 minning the ground and nothing seems to be there.

miningfreshair.jpg

Can someone confirm this bug?

I should also mention that someone said that there is unique language and voices for different civilizations? I only hear one on all of them.

Should there only be one? Or unique voices for each civilization?

I'm not sure on this.

Who exactly said this? :P I believe unique voices per civilization is planned, but for now there is only one per gender. The game is under development. (y)

Who exactly said this? :P I believe unique voices per civilization is planned, but for now there is only one per gender. The game is under development. (y)

I saw someone on the forums say something about it. I don't remember who it was.

And I do know the game is under construction ;)

Yeah, actually Greek voices have 2 per gender. But IIRC, not some civs don't have their voices yet, so they use the Greek voices as well.

Ah, was that Greek? I thought it was old Latin. But it sounds very nice. Specially the female voices.

Edited by Burzum

Right I should also mention that I've seen a lot of skirmisher units that have the same speed as cavalry units. Rather than a bug this is just a simple thing to ajust. But they need to be slower than horse units.

I have noticed several other infantry units at par as well.

Edited by Burzum

Their walking speeds are similar (even though cavalry still wins), but their run speed will make the difference, once it is implemented. For now, those that play multiplayer matches agree that the small difference in walking speed is ok. But don't worry, one way or another, moving speeds will be buffed or nerfed, later on.

Edited by Pedro Falcão

I should also mention that someone said that there is unique language and voices for different civilizations? I only hear one on all of them.

Should there only be one? Or unique voices for each civilization?

I'm not sure on this.

im working in Latin Voices, you like romans, Help me to do this.

Im Find why are not Roman Legionaries in First Part. that explains why Romans are not change to 201 BC-1BC.

Keeping with the design approach that a civilisation should be represented at a specific time in history, the Pre-Imperial (Early) Roman civilisation is set in the Polybian period of the Roman Republic, during the Second Punic War (218-201 BC).

Source in the Team Trac:

http://trac.wildfire...mans_Republican

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Im Find why are not Roman Legionaries in First Part. that explains why Romans are not change to 201 BC-1BC.

Source in the Team Trac:

http://trac.wildfire...mans_Republican

INFANTRY

• Generic Name: Roman Swordsman.
  • Specific Name: Hastatus -> Princips.
    • Class: Swordsman. Heavy Skirmisher at Advanced and Elite ranks.
    • Hacker Armament:
      Basic - Gladius.
      Advanced – Gladius.
      Elite – Gladius.
    • Ranged Armament:
      Basic - None.
      Advanced – Pilum.
      Elite – Pilum.
    • _________________________________

This looks interesting.

Do you know more about this unit?