[FIXED] Problem with AI Aegis: consecutive Javascript errors

caesarinf

The game version i was playing was 13505 - development. My OS is GNU/Linux.

The match type was random, 3 AI medium difficulty and me, all vs all.

After 1 AI got defeated, and the other two gathered all the resources in their respective territories they started to send me random soldiers at my resources to try to get them (known error). But the problem is that they didn't atack me nor they tried to improve their economy. After a few minutes like this, I get an infinite amount of errors, all like this:

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/qbot-wc/attack_plan.js line 505

TypeError: this.buildOrder[0] is undefined

([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/qbot-wc/attack_plan.js:505

([object Object],[object Object],[object Array])@simulation/ai/qbot-wc/military.js:361

([object Object])@simulation/ai/qbot-wc/qbot.js:228

([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/common-api-v3/base.js:66

@:0

It didn't crash though and it was playable. It is a shame that i lost the log file by overwriting it when opening the game again later, so all i can leave here is the console output.

Edited by caesarinf

Is this reproducible?

I forgot to say that it also happened to me in the previous game, similar situation but different map. So i suppose it can happen again if i play it more and hopefully i will get that full log.

Can you provide the commands.txt log from that game?

I have been searching and i think it is this one. Im 99% sure.

commands.txt

Edited by caesarinf

This problem occurs on windows7 32bit. Wraitii this issue I have to report, he is now busy, you may need to wait for some time, he has time to solve this problem!

BTW: I have been waiting for more than 40 days, but the problem is still not resolved! :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

Edited by gameboy

This problem occurs on windows7 32bit. Wraitii this issue I have to report, he is now busy, you may need to wait for some time, he has time to solve this problem!

BTW: I have been waiting for more than 40 days, but the problem is still not resolved! :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

If I recall correctly your issue was with saved games, there's nothing in this topic about saved games, so it's most likely another error. Saved games are a lot more difficult to deal with than many other things, which is why there's a need for someone with a lot of knowledge of the code (and a lot of time) to be able to fix it.

I will leave here this log too because the error seems somehow similar. I played two times Death Canyon 1 (different actions in each one) at Revision 13529 and after a few minutes i got the following.

Edit: Looks like it only happens in Death Canyon 1 & 2. Iberians may be the problem.

Edit2: Happens in all the maps with Iberians playing on them.

interestinglog.html

Edited by caesarinf

Some times the Ai dont atttack nearby enemies. Try Persian Highlands Romans(pc) vs Carthaginians

Max pop 100 Ai Aegis setting in Medium level.

This also happens in 4 players scenario: Defend yourself until 1 of the AI gets defeated (totally or parcially). They also won't atack anymore and they won't build anything too. Reminds me to AOM: there was a point where the AI's wouldn't move their troops anymore (at very late game), at least in the multiplayer games.

No, all the maps have this problem (Aegis AI), the problem must first be solved, no more attacks on the enemy AI problems, the main problem is the AI, but also must be addressed, and I hope that these two simultaneously solve the problem!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure how you might have gotten that first error, it sounds quite buggy and very much like something that shouldn't be able to happen.

I've fixed the error with Iberians on my repository though.

I have not idea else since I played more and didn't get that anymore.

Posted · Hidden by historic_bruno, July 18, 2013 - Not related to original report and not helpful
Hidden by historic_bruno, July 18, 2013 - Not related to original report and not helpful

Just a complainer ;) he gets frustrated by the slow resolution of the issues he encounters not used to Open Source development I guess :sword_rune:

Enjoy the Choice :)