===[COMMITTED]=== Foundations Fix

Stan`

Cool. you made it! Now the most recent versions will be put in SVN? Are you doing this?

About the prop point variation combination:

You wish to make the variations of prop points, e.g.

• Beard, Shoe. [Variant Civil]
  • Beard, Hat. [Variant Galant]
  • Cloak, Helmet. [Variant Officer]
mix wildly? Is it that what you want?

Not only having either the Variant Civil or the Variant Galant for the Citizens but rather Mix Civil and Officer, so this resulted in:

• Beard, Hat, Cloak, Helmet.
Should we add props twice if there are many occurences of the same prop in different variants (like here th beard)?

Oh I didn ´t touch variations. I could replace some items by others but it would messy sometimes. Moreover there are the scaffolds plus the three one i made that need to be imported. So with all of that getting something coherent might be hard.

Since I ´m not in the official team yet i can ´t commit anything.

I wanted it to be random. For instance if I load wood_bar.xml (I made it so you won't find it in the folder) and I use it like three time as a prop, all the prop will have the same texture. What I wanted is that one may have the yellow, other grey, and brown, without having to load each separately.

I wanted it to be random. For instance if I load wood_bar.xml (I made it so you won't find it in the folder) and I use it like three time as a prop, all the prop will have the same texture. What I wanted is that one may have the yellow, other grey, and brown, without having to load each separately.

Yes, this is something that needs work. Enrique also had problems with it when doing his fields. The problem is that in the code, the prop hierarchy is lost when picking the variation. It just compiles a set of random variations.

F.e. when you have a first choice between a, b and c. One at random gets added to the set (f.e. 'b'). But it doesn't remember which point the change comes from. So when you have subsequent choices of the same variation possibilities, you get a set that contains all possibilities (a, b and c). Which means it will always take a for all props. When you're lucky, it's possible a never got picked, and you'll end up with the 'b' choice for everything. But it will always be the same.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...