Light Style© by Fisana

Photo

Monthly Multiplayer in Teams. (Council against World/AI)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Radagast.

Radagast.

Primus Pilus

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hey colleagues,

what about meeting virtually each month and just
  • dividing in 4 teams (with 16 people we had 4 per alliance then, is this too much? then we could use 6 teams for the case that in the future there join some more councillors, though I think not everyone might have time).
  • Starting multiplayer duels. (team members choose a map, or something more elaborate ... e.g. this week Team Z has this map and looses, so the following month another Team Y of ours has to win/conquer the map. If we won a map we choose a new one. )
  • AIs on most difficult level?
  • Teams that have ended their match may join other teams (if they won, otherwise they can leave or start a map we lost last month).
  • At the end we note our results. E.g. 4 lost, 2 won. And the map to those. Then we settle on new maps (either in our next session or at the same evening. Those teams that lost and ended their epic battles quickly are allowed to choose new maps for those we won this month.
Anyone could follow me? What are your ideas, Knights? Ready for a defending the Council's realm against the huge invasion our bardes foresee, endangering our civilians' lives -- if we don't react. Raise the alarm. Where's my armour? Ok, will go without ...

Edited by Hephaestion, 09 April 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#2 stanislas69

stanislas69

GrandMaster Knight

• Council of Modders - Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Some stuff like what version (SVN or Vanilla) should be defined. Also multiplayer rules. Rush, Tricky tactics and this should be at least defined, and then either banned or considered good.

n2gZSkK.png

#3 Radagast.

Radagast.

Primus Pilus

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I think we could allow it all as we might have to fight against some team from anywhere around the world and surely those prefer collective tactics too.

Still this is a problem in such big teams. As we could join all our forces immediately and crush the enemy.
I would opt for the codex on our side to not rush down the enemy alliance, instead we try to defend with all means against a possible enemy joint forces rush. This might be the first difficult movements where our teams could already be torn apart.

It should be quite a difficult task to achieve to really demand from us to fight for each other or be doomed. I would spare every soldier to bolster your borders, you can count on me.

#4 Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen

Nothing here

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Whit the SVN version?

Retired- Without Michael the project is not the same.

#5 Radagast.

Radagast.

Primus Pilus

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

As our members desire ... if a synchronised checkout before the start is not of a hassle for our councillors. Why not. Hmm.. we could test new features then too. Just as a motivation for our devs (for example me). :)

Or we play our own maps. To then afterwards know what to improve. A double sided sword then. Just with both sides being our friend: playtested, defend our homeland and also knowing what to improve.

Would be cool too if we could have one mega battle map too. Just like having a multitude of giantific army alliance against us. If this defensive map is lost, all other teams of us have lost too (though they may continue to to fight .. and if all other teams but the mega-battle one win then it's also fine and may be counted as a success.).

Edited by Hephaestion, 09 April 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#6 thamlett

thamlett

Duplicarius

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Sounds like epig lag... but I like it.

OysU6mp.pngTimothy Hamlett, Founding Member, Council of Modders - Core, Development, Programming, Research, Art, Management, Moderator
Contact me directly thamlett@hamletttechnologies.com
<><

#7 Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen

Nothing here

• Community Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Sounds like epig lag... but I like it.

Yeah and with the last spidermonkey...

#8 SiahH

SiahH

Discens

• Community Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

sounds like fun

Josiah Hamlett, Apprentice, Council of Modders

#9 Radagast.

Radagast.

Primus Pilus

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hey SiahH. cool .. some day we might make this as the upcoming SpiderMonkey looks like the ultimate 25% speedup. If this turns out to be true, then off we are.

So we have to wait for the next SpiderMonkey ES31 update. Hopefully the comrades at Mozilla get their planned features in there.

#10 stanislas69

stanislas69

GrandMaster Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

I've had a few ideas. Since this as to be done in joy and good humor (As we say in french), I was thinking we could either release bundles with all mods, or make the wanting players download them. Why ? Well we are modders and not playing with our mods would be a waste. So I'm suggesting those four mods, as they are the most advanced (If you wanna play with the default civs it's okay) :

- Aristeia (I hope to create more content for Lion) (JS Need to be fixed)

- Millenium A.D (I'm creating more content)

- ROTE (Hopefully most buildings will be done)

- Pony Ascendant (It's not in COM, but it has solid bases, and more finished stuff than most of our mods)

Of course, we won't force users to download a not compatible mod.

About lag... Well limiting the pop cap seems a good idea to either 100 or 50.

n2gZSkK.png

#11 Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen

Nothing here

• Community Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

I've had a few ideas. Since this as to be done in joy and good humor (As we say in french), I was thinking we could either release bundles with all mods, or make the wanting players download them. Why ? Well we are modders and not playing with our mods would be a waste. So I'm suggesting those four mods, as they are the most advanced (If you wanna play with the default civs it's okay) :

- Aristeia (I hope to create more content for Lion) (JS Need to be fixed)
- Millenium A.D (I'm creating more content)
- ROTE (Hopefully most buildings will be done)
- Pony Ascendant (It's not in COM, but it has solid bases, and more finished stuff than most of our mods)

Of course, we won't force users to download a not compatible mod.

About lag... Well limiting the pop cap seems a good idea to either 100 or 50.

Yeah can be nice adding maps, civs, units , etc without install full mod.

Ask to lordgood if he wants add the mod to our repo or join forces.

#12 stanislas69

stanislas69

GrandMaster Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

I didn't think of that, one package easy to install (I could even make an installer (Windows Only)).

Edited by stanislas69, 09 July 2014 - 01:38 AM.

n2gZSkK.png

#13 niektb

niektb

Ritterbrüder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Lordgood didn't want to join.

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. ~ Aristotle 

OysU6mp.png

#14 Radagast.

Radagast.

Primus Pilus

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Please test the Mod configurator (launcher).

It's integrated directly into  pyrogenesis (0AD + addons or other mods).

It allows to enable all mods at the same time. (even temporarily without saving into the config, thx to leper)

When playing Multiplayer, we currently have to ensure that everyone of us has the same mods enabled. Later this might even be a requirement for starting mp games in general. (only players that have exactly the same mods enabled like the host, can join a mp game).

I propose to use the SVN version to actually test the current state of the mods.

LordGood can easily add a mod info file for his mod himself. And as we know him he surely will once the Mod configurator is in trunk.

@Stan, we now have the unique chance to get rid of RoTE (Han China 0AD Addon).

Then I can focus on Aristeia civilizations and the early medieval Japanese while you keep up speed with the vikings.

We then have our mods at a solid state for A17.

@JavaScript: Convert attack will be removed from Aristeia soon. It will remain as functional mod but in general it's obsolete once 0AD gets the conversion of units + besieging of buildings (introducing and using loyalty) in.

Yesterday we already fixed some errors. Today we two will tidy up the remaining JavaScript issues.  And I'll further the capturing algorithm.

#15 stanislas69

stanislas69

GrandMaster Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Come on Irc I don't understand.

n2gZSkK.png