water texture appears dislocation phenomenon!

gameboy

the New problem !

2697294-u3ki.jpg

What is the problem here? The only possibly weird thing I can see from the screenshot is that the water seems a bit squarish at the left edge of the right island, but I'm not sure about that. Or do you mean that the shore waves are too far away from the shore?

RMS: cycladic_archipelago

The waves are uncovering the red impassibility grid when they move on shore. Also, the waves don't stay in sync with the land when the camera is moved. Their location moves faster than the land, so you can move them back out to sea and right up to the land and back and forth just by moving the camera location.

Edited by gameboy

RMS: cycladic_archipelago The waves are uncovering the red impassibility grid when they move on shore. Also, the waves don't stay in sync with the land when the camera is moved. Their location moves faster than the land, so you can move them back out to sea and right up to the land and back and forth just by moving the camera location.

Yeah, that's from the ticket I put in. Did you have the same issue? I was thinking it might be driver dependent.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2692

The coast line will move the problem still exists!

the waves don't stay in sync with the land when the camera is moved. Their location moves faster than the land, so you can move them back out to sea and right up to the land and back and forth just by moving the camera location.

Edited by gameboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have it aswell I wonder If it's not caused by the reflection method. Here is a screenshot with both problems.

post-12287-0-68951100-1408726100_thumb.p

As a reminder last time I debugged it with you we had strange camera values : like '-1.060564.', in both water.cpp and terrain overlay.cpp.

Do you want me to create a ticket for it (the dislocation) ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...