Curser vertical position missmatch

FeXoR

In the latest SVN the actual point of interaction of the cursor is shifted to the bottom by a fixed space compared to the visual curser. I also have black, unused space at the top of the screen that may be the same space. This happens in the main menus as well as in the game (where also moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen does not make the view scroll downwards as intended).

Sadly the screenshots neither contain the black space nor the cursor to show the issue.

Information:

Revision: 15998

Operating System: Windows Vista 64 Home (Longhorn) fully updated

System Info: system_info.txt

At Alpha 17 it did work fine, Could you give me any hint which revisions I should look for (between A17 and r15998) and which revision A17 was?

It might be something with the resolution. My screen resolution is 1280x800 (and maybe the game resolution is set to 1280x768 for some reason and the monitor doesn't switch correctly or something).

So how can I manually set the resolution and how to tell what resolution the game is running in?

EDIT:

Adding to local.cfg:

xres = "1280"

yres = "768"

fixes the issue (ofc. it's still not my monitors resolution!).

So it might be a specific problem with my monitors resolution (1280x800 at least that's what my drivers tell me as well as several full screen applications).

Minimal resolution also works fine (1024x768).

Sometimes with 1280x800 the bottom part of the mainscreen is "wrapped" to the otherwise unused space at the top of the screen (e.g. the report buttons) and the "wrapped" part then flickers.

In the other cases with the same resolution, however, I can't see any missing parts (the report buttons are present at the bottom of the screen).

I am not able to deterministically enforce one of those two behaviors.

Edited by FeXoR

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my old friend with an really old pc and sure old gfx driver had the same problem.

He has a (native) resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9) and could not scroll down or right

with the cursor and has to klick with the lowest-left end of the cursor.

We solved the problem in the local.cfg with:

xres = 1600

yres = 1024

; OMG (25:16) (X.X)

Yes it works fine now! (O_O)

I have 1920x1200 (16:10) and no such problem.

I post this just for information.

Have a good time!

Alpha 17 Quercus / Win7 / 64Bit

Edited by alffis

• 1 month later...

:pardon: Strange, I was suspecting A17 would be the problem as that's when we switched to SDL2 on Windows. It sounds like an SDL bug, but I can't think of anything relevant we've changed since A17. Did you have a Windows or driver update or something? Maybe try A17 again to confirm.

Likely you are right and I just noticed it later (most of the time I'm working with Atlas - playing is quite lagy on my laptop).

Sorry for the late answer and the confusion :sorry:

Edited by FeXoR