Light Style© by Fisana

Photo

Who has read 'the Battle for Maldon'?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Who has read Tolkiens essay of 'the Battle for Maldon' and 'Ofermod' and the poem of Beortnoth (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has read Tolkiens essay of 'the Battle for Maldon' and 'Ofermod' and the poem of Beortnoth

1. I have read the essays AND the poem (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. I have read the 'Battle for Maldon, but did not found Ofermod and the poem (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. I have read the poem (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I have read 'Ofermod' (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Eeeh, other combinations posible? If yes, or if i forgot to mention somthing, VOTE HERE! (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mironir

Mironir

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:57 PM

I, as the starter of this topic have read them all, in the book of the fairytales of Tom Bombadil (don't know the english name) and was excited about the Anglo-Saxon poems. (The same week I borrowed Beowulf from the library :) I now almost know it from heart, to the horror of my classmates and family...)

I started this poll here because of the title of this section, and of course, the enthusistic visits around here ;)
Hige sceal the heardra, heorte the cenre
Mod sceal the mare the ure maegen lytlad.

#2 Mithrandil

Mithrandil

High King of the... Boomslangs!

• Community Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

Well, firstly, it is just plain old Tom Bombadil

Second, you forgot one, being
"I did not read any of them at all"
Loonis Logghe [ aka Mithrandil ]

'Shouldn't we send him a message and call in his help?' Erestor asked. 'It seems that he even has control of the Ring.'
'No, I shouldn't say it that way,' Gandalf said. 'Rather say the Ring hasn't got control of him. He's his own master. But he can't change the ring, nor break the power it has on others.'

No, my name isn't wrong, it's just a combination of Mithrandir and Mithril: look and see: MITHRandI(L/R)

"One can only discuss when he can find reason in the other's thoughts, and then still disagree. When one cannot, he argues" -Noilos

"One is intelligent when one wields the following things: critisism on everything, and keen logics in it's purest form" -Noilos

"Philosophy poses the question why, History answers it" -Noilos

#3 Mironir

Mironir

Sesquiplicarius

• Community Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:29 PM

darn, I knew i forgot one...
Hige sceal the heardra, heorte the cenre
Mod sceal the mare the ure maegen lytlad.