Howdy from Kansas

My name is Dan. I am an underemployed programmer in Topeka, KS. I am underemployed in that I am a night operator, so I will be lurking around the forums some nights. I am an old-timer when it comes to Games (console, PC, Mac), playing many, many games over countless hours.

This game sounds interesting. I have applied for a position, and hope to be able to help in any way I can with it. However the outcome of that turns out, I can't wait for the game to come out and try another independent game.

Currently I'm playing: Battlefield 2, N, Masters of Magic (old, old game, but still great), Katamari damacy (In preperation for the sequal), Metroid Prime, and Nethack. Yes, I have time to devote to that many games.

I also program some snippets of code in my free time, playing around with opengl, SDL, my experience has been more with database backends and interfaces. I worked on this project for a while: kic.kdhe.state.ks.us/kic/ , I'll let you guess what year I left ;p. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

About the code in your sig, I dunno if whatever language it is does it differently, but shouldn't it be this:

for(i=0;i>0;i++)

for(i=0;i++;i>0) drink.beer;p

It's more of a play on improperly creating a loop, because of my nickname, putting the "drunk" in thedrunkyak. Also why I have the p at the end.

Good catch. I was going for subtle, yet very, very stupid.

• 2 weeks later...