0 A.D slowering - Performance Issues

Revan Shan

I have a very good computer which should perfectly run this game. So it seems 0 A.D. needs to me optimised somehow in order to make it fully playable. I supose you are aware of this already, but... I'll say it anyway

So, when a match starts everything goes well, but when the game advances (specially if you have more than 2 factions in the match) 0 A.D. becomes slower. My recording program (which doesn't drop a single frame in other games) detects 3 FPS

In this video you can see that the beginning is pretty smooth. However, it looks laggy at the end (and I think it gets worse in the next part)

Edited by Revan Shan

Hello Revan Shan,

This is a known problem, here's an extract of the following topic: http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=15796

Lag

This is a common complaint, and with good reason. The game does not run as fast as we would like. Late in the game you will probably experience some lag, this is caused by a mixture of things, AI and pathfinding are big ones. The problem is worse on island maps and with multiple AI players.

As you can see, the pathfinding system (units system to find the best way to travel) needs to be optimized.

Also the enemy gathering resources from your base showed in your video is a known problem. Team member wraitii is working on AI improvements that should fix this (there's a new experimental AI also)

Hello Revan Shan,

This is a known problem, here's an extract of the following topic: http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=15796

As you can see, the pathfinding system (units system to find the best way to travel) needs to be optimized.

Also the enemy gathering resources from your base showed in your video is a known problem. Team member wraitii is working on AI improvements that should fix this (there's a new experimental AI also)

Great to hear